mi casa es su casa

Für Spiele und gesammelte Sprüche, Band-, Bäckerei- und Frisörnamen und alles andere, was man in einem Forum halt so sammeln kann

Moderatoren: terf, Pelzer

BogusMagus

mi casa es su casa

Beitrag von BogusMagus »

All this creative thought and original expression can prove quite a brain strain.

One day, when bored on a film set, I got taken to talk to a crew member who apparently claimed he could have a conversation entirely in clichés. I tested him for some minutes and couldn’t fault him. I can’t reproduce the interview here (using banal phrases it remains one of the most hilarious and witty exchanges I ever got into).

So, as a relaxation, I reckoned we could have a thread for clichés, proverbs, truisms, dead metaphors, slogans, sayings - even stereotypes, urban myths, tall tales and ‘old wives’ tales if you like.

The more the merrier.

After all, there’s nothing new under the sun.

You’ve either got it, or you haven’t.
Barschel
Wussow Blockwart
Beitrag von Barschel »

very interesting.

terf lösch this thread now or else!

guests out says the very thick

b
Ich gebe Ihnen mein Ehrenwort.
terf
Generalbevollmächtigter

Beitrag von terf »

moooment, so schnell nicht. if the herr gast legt something vor, the strang can be left offen. if in paar days nix happens, i will lösch it.
MMC
Beitrag von MMC »

It's schon komisch, nie wurde es diskutiert before, und ploetzlich taucht the topic Englische Woerter in German context gleich zweimal here in the forum off...
Prof. Adorno
Abschnittsbevollmächtigter

Beitrag von Prof. Adorno »

For heavens sake, finally a neuer Strang zum sensefreien Herumalbering. I thought schon I would have to krepier here from sheer lack of neue ideas in the forum. And Bogus, old fruit: hier in the forum, there sind already a lot of people sustained by nichts anderem als abgewrackten Uralt-Ideen alone. But names stay under us....
Ich bin gut informiert. Ich weiß viel. Ich habe viel Material.
FinnCrisp

Beitrag von FinnCrisp »

Hi.
I have read the first post and to my mind come some sprüche which I as clichés regarde. My favorite English spruch is an old seaman's (semen's - hihi) saying which goes folgendermaßen:
Red sky at night, sailor's delight.
Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.

My second beloved sprichword is the donkey's bridge with which you can memorize the rules for when you do mathematics.

Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally.

Dear Bogus Magus, you possibly wonder yourself about the strange creatures in this forum, who can't even properly English speaken. But this is only satire, and we are heavy on wire, namely Mr Adorno, cf.:
wikipedia hat geschrieben: The founding staff of SuperLupo consisted of writers and cartoonists who were mostly based in Frankfurt and who are therefore often called "New Frankfurt School", a term that half-jokingly refers to the Frankfurt School in philosophy. Even today, SuperLupo's monthly reviews of humorous publications bear the (slightly altered) portrait of Theodor W. Adorno in the title.
But now I begin to think that Bogus Magus is Adorno himself! He created a new alias, only that he can open a new thread for his own amusement. Shame on you!
Weltalltag-Man

Beitrag von Weltalltag-Man »

In case you're wondering what spiny Norman is up to... just don't!

Bild

"MC Hammer isn Penner"

"Vanilla Ice - was n Scheiß"

"Step by Step - die New Kids sind so depp"
justine

Beitrag von justine »

haha! You are all komplette bang-heads. But Danke very much for that picture of the eagle/igel/etc. I must lach.
MMC
Beitrag von MMC »

That's cool, finally the selbsttrollend property of the Forum erstrahled in the neuem Glanze. Thumbs ab!
Prof. Adorno
Abschnittsbevollmächtigter

Beitrag von Prof. Adorno »

My dear FinnCrisp, your Understellungen lack every kind of Grundlage and can be summarized as the durchsichtige Versuch, mich vor unseren foreign friends bloßzustellen - but if you think, you can get away with it, you're quite on the woodway... Now Bogus, old chap, I'd like to emphasize that we're feeling very honoured to finally establish diplomatic satirical relations to the foreign Ausland.
Ich bin gut informiert. Ich weiß viel. Ich habe viel Material.
Weltalltag-Man

Beitrag von Weltalltag-Man »

Meanwhile:
Bild
Belle Tristik

Beitrag von Belle Tristik »

dear bogusmagus,

thank you very much for your contribution. would you please excuse the strange behaviour in this forum. it is just that we do not have them all here anymore (e.g. cups in the cupboard).

nothing for ungood and kind regards,

belle tristik
"Verlage brauchen ihre Produkte nicht mehr als Kunst auszugeben. Die Wahrheit, daß sie nichts sind als Geschäft, verwenden sie als Ideologie, die den Schund legitimieren soll, den sie vorsätzlich herstellen." (E. Herman)
Dr. Dralle

Beitrag von Dr. Dralle »

dienstag?
eagle the igel

Beitrag von eagle the igel »

ist beschäftigt!

Bild
Spiny Norman

Beitrag von Spiny Norman »

Bild
We interrupt this program to annoy you
and make things generally irritating